Sunday, March 22, 2009

Past.. Cambodia Part1

As I was flipping through my CDs,
I saw my past photos which I still remembers vividly.
It was around 2005... how long ago was that? (about 4 years ago bah)

And all these pictures were taking while we were at cambodia, a service learning trip I guess.
It's been so long since I saw these pictures again.
So, I thought of sharing these photos.


This was taken at T1, group photo.
This trip includes primary school students and two disabled guys other than us.














Then we reached cambodia airport. It's quite cool and it was not air-conditioned.














Then we are on our way to Hope village, an orphanage.
yah, world map, cause my team is in charge of teaching geography.















This was taken on the bus.
In cambodia, you can't imagine how crowded it was here.
There were so many cambodians walking around with baskets of the things they are selling.
And they are actually selling things straight through the windows of car/bus.
You can't imagine how they tried to sell their food to us.














I guess the air was quite polluted here because there was alot of cars and like some jam kind of thing.
Btw, they are selling some fried crickets. These fried insects were quite popular there, like fried cockroaches and spiders. My friends bought them and they tried it.
They said it was not bad but instead, crunchy and there wasn't the scary "cockroaches" taste. HAHA!














So, after a certain distance, we finally reached the orphanage.
These kids have just finished their school,
and they are so cute and kind to help us with our luggage.















Here's their dog, I forgot its name though. HAH.
oh yah, there was a singaporean who was there, I think she has been there for quite long.
And she was helping the orphanage.















They are amazed with the camera and they seriously like cameras and taking photos, whenever we took out our cameras, they would crowd around us and pose. HAHA!
so cute. I guess they hardly had a chance to take photo.





























Hmm, this was our bunk and its kind of underground area.
The kids slept at the other area of the building.















They had this little carnival and fund raising project for us.














This was what they made, its really nice.















So, that was for the PART 1 of the cambodia trip, I'll be back with more and its going to be a very long post though. HAHA!

See ya!

No comments: