Tuesday, March 24, 2009

5 languages of love

Recently, I attended the caring team workshop on how to care for others.
And there I learnt about the 5 languges of love by Gary Chapman.

These are:
1. Words of affirmation
Explanation: You need to hear praise to know you are loved, and you may also prefer to express your affection verbally. Negative comments cut right to the bone. You want to hear that you're loved and how much and why.

2. Quality Time
Explanation: This can be expressed either through those intimate tête-à-tête discussions or via doing things together. (Just means spending time together)

3.Receiving Gifts
Explanation: Presents and physical tokens of affection move you. It's the fact that someone is thinking about you enough to give you something that moves you. The objects are of secondary importance to the relationship and sentiment with which they were intended.

4. Acts of service
Explanation: You prefer to show your love through favors and chores and doing things for others. You feel put-upon and unappreciated when your efforts are taken for granted.

5. Physical touch
Explanation:You want to give and/or receive affection physically. This may or may not center on sex.

My sister told me that there was this quiz online, so I decided to take it.
And there, my rank:
#1 Quality time
#2 Acts of service
#3 Words of affirmation
#4 Physical touch
#5 Receiving gifts

When I saw this, I am wondering how true it is because quiz aren't really trustworthy and dependable.
I guess as long as people whom I care about talks to me, I would be happy.

Credits:
1. Results explanation:
http://impressivetech.20megsfree.com/5lovelanguages/5lovelanguages.htm

2. The quiz:
http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=5lovelanguages

So people try the test and tell me your results okay!
TOODLES!

Others often asked me why am I so quiet?
But as quiet as I am, I wanted to be outspoken too but it doesn't works that way.
Times when I tried, I was ignored, then I felt as though it doesn't matter anymore.
But there were also times where I don't even know what to say, even though I hope there was ongoing conversations.
And there were times where there's no way to open my heart to others because I might get teary.
Even the recent piano test, I was struggling to keep my tears away when I talked about it.
Actually I did open my heart to this blog and now, I'm wondering if that's right or not since the whole world can read this.

No comments: