Monday, October 26, 2009

Late

Sorry for not posting for about 6 days.

While i was reading some articles over the net,
I found one long article,

An abstract from the article,

It's true. And I'm willing to admit it. I quit spending time with God. It's not true to say I wanted to be with Him but was undisciplined, or that I desired God's presence but didn't know what to do. I knew what to do to have a quiet time; I even possessed a small measure of discipline. I just didn't want to do it. Arrogant? You bet. Dangerous? Perhaps. A surprise to my Creator? I doubt it.

(My words: I think this true and it somehow applies to how we treated QT, I think most Christians know what was quiet time and what to do to have a quiet time. Many times we say we are lazy, undisciplined. But how exactly true are we? I was someone like that before too, I just didn't want to do it, if I want, I would do, no matter how lazy or how undisciplined I am. In the end, it is also a matter of choice, whether we want to do it or not.)

"Now, when I come to God, I'm not bound by duty. I ask the Lord to give me a desire for His Word, for Himself, for truth. And I began preaching the gospel to myself each day. Now I remind myself to trust in the merit of Christ as my only hope for blessings (Romans 4:7,8). I dwell daily on the fact that, because of Christ's redeeming work on the Cross, God's holy wrath is no longer directed at me (Romans 8:1). And I trust in His promise to continue His good work in me (Philippians 1:6). Repeating these truths daily keeps me from tripping on the performance snare again. And they give me a grateful heart. I try what John Owen suggested: ". . . [to] look to Christ as the one who bears the iniquity of [my] holy things, who adds incense to [my] prayers, gathers out all the weeds from [my] duties and makes them acceptable."

That's all.
I sinned today. Sorry.

No comments: